Strengthen Your Focus at Work
Productivity is critical to fulfilling important tasks, staying on top of project management, and effective multitasking. By prioritizing mental health, you can take care of your well-being and strengthen your focus at work.
Five ways I do this:
- Get a good night’s sleep. Relax at the end of the day with an evening walk, an engaging podcast, and fun hobbies or activities. Step away from work, drink lots of water, and get quality sleep so you can come into the next day feeling fresh and alert.
2. Relax during your commute. Your commute does not have to be part of your work life. If you rely on public transit, use your commute time to rest, journal, read, or listen to music. This will ensure you remain at ease before starting your day when you arrive at work. Carve out personal time before the work day begins if you work remotely.
3. Take regular breaks. In addition to lunch, taking short breaks throughout the day can help relieve stress, center your breathing, and rejuvenate your energy levels. Schedule five-minute breaks throughout the day for snacks, socialization, and time away from your desk to remain focused and productive.
4. Block out excess noise. Rely on noise-canceling headphones or work in a quieter office to limit distractions. If you have your own office, create an open-door policy where open doors invite coworkers in but closed door signals you are busy at work.
5. Rid your browser of distracting websites. You can rely on apps to block off distracting gaming and social media websites so you can focus on work.